Civil unrest can have an impact on the entire community, including your mental health and wellbeing. At a time where you are physically, mentally, and emotionally drained, and your wellbeing has taken a dip, it's essential to take care of yourself and nourish your body.
To help ease your mind, here are several self-care tips to guide people who are struggling during this time:
- Social support is vital during times like these. Keep in contact with people who bring you happiness
- Fitness is a great way to help channel your emotions and focus your mind and body in the present.
- Create a tidy and clear environment. Declutter if you feel your surrounding space is too busy.
- Care for your hygiene
- Make 'you time' to do the things you enjoy
- Positive affirmations
- Journaling (writing down thoughts and feelings) can be a great sense of relief and a way to release emotions.
- Practicing meditation, breathing, stretching
- Limit social media intake
- Talk to an affirming counselor or therapist.
- Be gentle with yourself
- Know your capacity and listen to your body when a break is needed
How NexGen EAP can help restore security and confidence in your organization:
- Telephonic Counseling through NexGen EAP comes with 24/7/365 access to Master’s level counselors with at least 5 years of experience answering every call.
- Virtual Concierge component of NexGen EAP can assist with research on any topic, and help maintain work/life balance.
- Financial Consultations and Resources are available to lend a hand with money management and budgeting to stretch dollars as far as possible.
- Wellness Coaching and Support provides 1-on-1 access to wellness experts and individualized resources for all areas of wellbeing, from nutrition and fitness to relaxation and restoration.
- Health Advocacy is there to provide benefit information and assistance navigating your health plan.
- Legal Consultations and Resources will assist your HR Department as questions arise surrounding PTO, sick leave, and other work policies and standards.