A global pandemic, civil unrest, and the possibility of being able to gather with family and friends again have many people experiencing several emotions at once. Emotions are running high, leaving many of us to put our mental health and wellbeing on the back burner. It is essential to take care of yourself and nourish your body, now more than ever.
Here are several self-care tips to guide people who are struggling during this time:
- Limit your media intake, whether it’s social media, the news, or any other media that may be filled with emotionally draining content.
- Social support is vital during times like these. Keep in contact with people who bring you happiness.
- Talk to an affirming counselor/therapist to develop coping strategies and explore thoughts, feelings, and worries without judgment.
- Journaling (writing down thoughts and feelings) can be a great sense of relief and a way to release emotions.
- Make 'you time' to do the things you enjoy and be gentle with yourself during these extraordinarily challenging times.
- Practicing meditation like mindfulness, movement, spiritual, or focused meditation to help reduce stress, control anxiety, and promote emotional health.
- Physical activity is a great way to help channel your emotions and focus your mind and body in the present.
How NexGen EAP can help restore security and confidence in your organization:
- Telephonic Counseling through NexGen EAP comes with 24/7/365 access to Master’s level counselors with at least 5 years of experience answering every call.
- Wellness Coaching and Support provides 1-on-1 access to wellness experts and individualized resources for all areas of wellbeing, from nutrition and fitness to relaxation and restoration.
- Virtual Concierge component of NexGen EAP can assist with research on any topic and help maintain work/life balance.
- Employee Discounts are available when planning valuable ‘me time’ or ‘family time’ without breaking the bank.
- Financial Consultations and Resources are available to lend a hand with money management and budgeting to stretch dollars as far as possible.
- Health Advocacy is there to provide benefit information and assistance navigating your health plan.
- Legal Consultations and Resources will assist your HR Department as questions arise surrounding PTO, sick leave, and other work policies and standards.
For more information on how NexGen EAP can help your employees during difficult times, contact us today!